I finally got a chance to try out making Keto Chow pancakes yesterday, later in the day I made some muffins. Both turned out awesome. My wife liked the pancakes I made for breakfast but liked the muffins we had for dinner even more, especially when I brought out the cream cheese. My mom and dad were over and really liked both as well. I did the pancakes with “Rich Chocolate” and the muffins with “Chocolate Peanut Butter.”
The recipe comes from redditor named “King_of_Camp” who added a couple things (baking powder, eggs) to keto chow and came up with an excellent batter that works for pancakes and also for muffins. I changed the original recipe based on my experience. Originally you had to whip the heavy cream but that seems to be an unnecessary step and I’ve eliminated it, makes it far easier to mix.
Keto Chow Pancake and Muffin batter
- Add all the liquid ingredient to a bowl or a blender.
- If you are using a blender, put the lid on and turn on the blender, you want to add the powder when it's already running to ensure even mixing without dry clumps.
- Add the Keto Chow, sweetener and baking powder (and the optional coconut flour), then mix well.
- You may need to add water until you get the consistency you like if you are doing pancakes.
- For pancakes, heat up a griddle to 300 degrees, coat with oil and make pancakes. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup and would make 2 pancakes with each scoop. Ended up with 48 pancakes (16 per person, per "meal").
- Cook until you can safely flip the pancakes. Unlike "normal" ones, the "waiting for the bubbles" trick probably won't work. I had to flip them when they were still pretty runny.
- Enjoy with some butter and sugar free maple syrup, I also tried Davinci sugar free raspberry syrup and peanut butter.
- For muffins, spoon out the batter into a lined cupcake/muffin tin. I used a large table spoon and heaping it was just about the fight amount to make 24 muffins (8 muffins per person, per "meal").
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. When they come out, they will be big and puffy but will quickly shrink down like a souffle.
- Enjoy with some butter or cream cheese!