On January 13, 2014 I did the first post on my blog about trying nutritionally complete “future foods”. It corresponds to my first submission on Reddit (my reddit “cake day” is January 9, 2014 BTW). The Image up top is of my very first batch of powdered food, People Chow 2.3.0 at the time (I still have all 3 of those blender bottles, used the yellow one yesterday). It’s been an interesting journey. You can read some of my earlier “in review” posts if you want the full story:
- January 22nd, 2014: DIY soylent – Week 1
- February 18th, 2014: 1 month on DIY nutritionally complete “future foods”
- June 18th, 2014: My thoughts on (s)oylent – this one is interesting because it’s the first mention of a ketogenic diet
- June 19th, 2014: First order in the shopping cart: Rob P. ordered a week of People Chow.
- November 4th, 2014: The Nuclear Option: Ketogenic nutritionally complete “future foods”
- November 18th, 2014: 1 month in doing Ketosis – Time for an update
- December 23rd, 2014: 3 months of Keto – update
- January 1st, 2015: New ketogenic recipe in development, it’s moar betterer – first mention of Keto Chow recipe
- January 6th, 2015: A year in review – 365 days doing (mostly) nutritionally complete “future foods”
- January 29th, 2015: Changing stuff around here – added credit card payments and announced I was stopping selling People Chow
- April 21st, 2015: 6 months of Keto, I’m 81% the man I used to be
- October 20th, 2015: 1 Year of Keto, 77% the man I used to be
- September 21st, 2016: NMR Cholesterol Blood Test Results: I’m still alive (what a relief!) – 2.5 years of blood tests compared
3 years ago I weighed 260lbs (I’m 5′ 13″), my low point was at 200 in October 2015. I slacked off and did “lazy keto” without tracking my intake, just sticking to low-carb foods, and you can see that on my graph:
Recently I re-committed to getting back on track for realsies. It’s a bit pathetic: I know exactly what I need to do to lose weight – it’s rather simple so I should just do it, which I am. Since January 1, 2017, I haven’t eaten anything until after I logged it in Cron-O-Meter. Unsurprisingly, it’s working quite well. Guess I should have read my own stuff =) I was at a post-new year’s high of 223.7 and now I’m at 215 after a week and a half.
You can expect to see my weight graph more frequently now as it goes down further (and I’m less ashamed of the trend =). So there you have it: 3 years of blogging about “Engineered Staple Food” aka “soylent” – this post is number 371.