TL;DR: In a bowl, combine Keto Chow Chocolate shake mix and baking powder. Add egg, coconut oil and water; whisk until smooth. Pour the batter from the mixing bowl into a ramekin or mug, leave your baking container at least half empty to prevent spillage while cooking. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Repeat in 15 second intervals until you’ve reached desired consistency. Top with chocolate chips, and enjoy! By Victoria Jensen.
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
- 1 scoop Keto Chow powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder very important
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil https://www.walmart.com/ip/BetterBody-Foods-Naturally-Refined-Organic-Coconut-Oil-28-fl-oz/44987026
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Sprinkle Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips http://lilyssweets.com/baking-chips/
- In a bowl, combine Chocolate shake mix and baking powder. The protein powder you use is crucial, it will literally make or break your recipe. After experimenting with 4 different brands, Keto Chow worked the best by far! (If you forget to add baking powder, the top of the cake will cook quickly and dry out completely on top, leaving a layer of liquid beneath).
- Add egg, coconut oil and water; whisk until smooth.
- It is important that the batter is thin and runny, if not, the “cake” tastes more like a sponge made of cement powder rather than protein. Pour the batter from the mixing bowl into a ramekin or mug (because Keto Chow’s serving sizes are so large, you may consider dividing the batter into two cups before cooking to avoid overflow), leave your baking container at least half empty to prevent spillage while cooking.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Repeat in 15 second intervals until you’ve reached desired consistency (I prefer mine cooked for 45 seconds). The cake may look wet on the surface when removed from the microwave, but will continue to cook through while cooling, (I made the mistake multiple times of cooking it until it looked cooked through, as a result my cake had a dry spongey texture).
- Once your cake is done cooking, remove from microwave, and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. After the chips are melted and the cake is cooled, dig in!
- 322 Calories
- 17.2g total carbs
- 3.8g net carbs