I was watching a video by Dave Feldman (where he had to keep pausing to eat skittles, it was great) and he talked about fructose malabsorption causing him digestive issues. I don’t think I have that problem which is why I haven’t had really bad problems during this phase. Again it seems that I dodged another bullet for which I’m grateful. I’m still anxious to get back into keto. Yesterday I bought the brisket and ribs for the meetup, they’re currently in the Sous-Vide cooking for a few days and I’ll finish them in the smoker on Saturday.
Got my Coconut Oil week blood tests back – REALLY interesting stuff. I’ve entered the data into the spreadsheet (check it out!) but here are some of the highlights:
- I hit an all-time low LDL-P (particle count): 567. It’s down 43% from 996 the week before. 👍 (you’re looking for under 1000)
- All time low LDL-C: 56, down from 78. 👍
- I brought back down my triglycerides from 148 to 103 👍 (you want this below 100)
- My HDL-C went WAY up (52% to be exact): from 40 to 61 👍👍👍 (you want this as high as possible)
- A1c is still steady at 4.8 👍
- Fasting insulin went WAY up, from 5.2 to 8.4 – the highest I’ve recorded so far. 👎
This test was the first time I saw a departure from the previous inversion pattern of LDL-C and Triglycerides which would go up and down opposite of each other. I don’t know if it was the high amount of MCTs in the coconut oil or what. Regardless, I can handily say that consuming almost entirely saturated fat for a week made my blood tests look AMAZING.
Here are some of the graphs from the spreadsheet: