Time for a Keto Chow 2.1 Update!
Cookies and Cream 2.1 went into production this morning, we’re expecting to go grab several hundred tomorrow evening, test, and then put them up on the site for sale. I’m guessing it’ll be about 30 hours from right now. Salted Caramel is supposed to go into production after that with Base Powder either before or after Salted Caramel (they ran out of the tiny scoops for the Base Powder and more were scheduled to arrive today).
Along with updating the How to Prepare Keto Chow page for 2.1, there are a new set of videos that are updated for v2.1 also. The biggest thing to know about version 2.1 is it’s thicker, especially if you’re using heavy cream, and that necessitates more water.
Speaking of which, Let’s talk about the reception of Chocolate and Chocolate Peanut Butter! I have a thread on the Keto Chow subreddit asking for reviews. For the most part, people like both. Let’s talk about the major changes people are finding:
- Like I said, KC 2.1 mixes up thicker. This has some big implications to not just the viscosity but also to the flavor. To get the same thickness as v2.0, you have to add additional water. That means you have more volume for the same amount of powder.
- More volume means you’re likely to stay full longer! (yay!)
- More volume also means that the flavor and sweetener are diluted across more volume – that will make the flavor and sweetness less intense compared to v2.0. Depending on your personal tastes, this is either a great thing or a bad thing. Some people are upset by the change, others are ecstatic.
- On an aside: we tried to get the intensity of the chocolate flavor to be close to 2.0’s, going so far as to increase the amount of “chocolate milkshake” flavor from 0.4g a serving up to 0.96g a serving.
- The sweetener was reduced 20% (from 100mg to 80mg). Again, some people love the reduced sweetness, others do not.
- The place that made the bags and applied the zipper does not seem to have used the zipper we told them to. The new zipper is thinner and tends to get clogged with powder. It’s annoying but it’s usually a quick fix: