Keto Chow Creamy Mushroom Soup
Creamy, comforting, savory and reminiscent of the classic cream of mushroom soup I grew up with. This soup comes together in just minutes but tastes like it’s been carefully simmered for hours. Its elegant enough to serve for a special occasion and satisfying enough for a day of activities. Trust me you will want to keep this in regular rotation.
Servings: 1 Serving
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 whole white mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves plucked from the stem
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley minced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 14 ounces mushroom broth
- 1 scoop Savory Chicken Soup Keto Chow
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche, sour cream, or heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, herbs, salt and pepper to the pan and cook until most of the moisture has evaporated from the mushrooms and they begin to turn golden brown.
- Carefully add the mushroom broth to the pan and bring it to a simmer.
- When the broth comes to a simmer remove the pan from the heat, discard the bay leaf, and whisk in the keto chow.
- Then mix in the crème fraiche or cream.
- Serve piping hot, garnished with more parsley if desired.
- Notes: The fresh herbs really make this soup special and are worth seeking out. But if you don’t have fresh herbs you can substitute 1/4 teaspoon each dried thyme and dried parsley instead. You can use fresh or dried bay leaves interchangeably.
- You can puree the soup with an immersion blender if you want to drink it from a travel mug.
- Want an even heartier soup? Add a couple ounces of cooked, crumbled sage flavored sausage like pork or turkey breakfast sausage
Yield: Approximately 20 ounces of soup