You’ll find the recipe for the cranberry syrup here!
Keto Chow Eggnog Waffles with Cranberry Syrup
Cook time: 10-20 minutes depending on the size of your waffle iron.To me, nothing says cozy mornings at home with family, during the holidays like waffles and warm syrup. And It doesn’t get much more festive than eggnog waffles with homemade cranberry syrup. Even the most dedicated carb eater in your midst will enjoy these waffles so you might want to make a double batch. They freeze well so you can save any extras to reheat in a toaster oven or toaster if you still have one hanging around. Keep the cranberry syrup chunky and layer it between two waffles with sliced turkey and cheddar for amazing turkey melts!
Servings: 5 Waffles
- Put the almond flour, keto chow and baking powder in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla extract and whisk well or blend with an immersion blender.
- Once the batter is mixed let it sit for five minutes then stir once more before cooking. Batter will be thick.
- While the batter sits preheat your waffle iron.
- When the waffle iron is hot oil it with cooking spray or butter
- Place about 1/4 cup of the batter in the center of the hot iron and spread out slightly.
- Close the lid and cook the waffle until it has set, looks golden and the waffle iron opens without resistance.
- If the batter gets too thick thin it by adding water or more nut milk a teaspoon at a time.
- Remove the waffle to a warm plate and continue until you have cooked all the batter.
- Serve the waffles with butter and warm cranberry syrup or your favorite sugar-free syrup
Note: You can also mix the batter in a blender quickly and easily and clean up will be a breeze. Just place all the ingredients in the blender and mix until they are fully combined. Allow the batter to sit five minutes and pour it directly from the blender pitcher into the hot waffle iron. Yield: approximately 4-5 waffles depending on the size of your waffle iron.You'll find the recipe for the cranberry syrup here!
Photos by Carrie Brown