It’s rather funny: I usually mention in many of these updates how much weight I’ve lost so far, though that’s not the only thing I’m reporting on each time. Still, anytime I fail to mention how much I’m down, invariably someone posts an almost frantic comment asking how much I’ve lost. Everyone is going to lose, or not lose, at their own pace and according to their personal metabolic state so my results will not foretell how you or anyone else will react.
All that said: welcome to day 62 of my 100 days of only consuming Keto Chow for all my meals. As of this morning, I am down 30.4 lbs – averaging very close to half a pound of weight loss per day. Let’s do a breakdown of how it’s going so far:
- Saturday my blood ketones were at 3.5 mmol/L, my average for the last 30 days is 2.6mmol/L.
- My Ketone/Glucose index average for the last 30 days is 1.7. A ratio of 1 means there is exactly the same mmol/L concentration of glucose and ketones in my blood, you want that number below 1 for treating cancer, epilepsy, and other therapeutic treatments. More info about the glucose:ketone index here.
- I’m down 30.4lbs since the beginning of the experiment, 11.5lbs in the last 30 days.
- I did NOT get enough sleep last night. I woke up early on Saturday and Sunday, based on how bad I’m dragging this morning I think I would have slept until 9 instead of when the alarm went off at 5:20. Looks like I’m averaging 6.48 hours of sleep per night over the last 90 days.
- I finished the day yesterday with 1.8g of net carbs, today I’ll end up with 1.7g.
Speaking of yesterday, I didn’t drink my first bottle of Keto Chow until nearly 3 pm. On a typical nonscience experiment day I probably would have stopped there and not eaten anymore for the rest of the day but I’m tightly controlling variables right now and drank two more, the final one at around 7:45 pm. I REALLY do not like eating that late, and that might have something to do with how tired I am this morning.
Oh, and by the way, “Keto Crotch” is not a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB5idKKh34g