Ring around the Root Beer Float
Creamy, cool and elegant this old-fashioned gelatin brings back memories of root beer floats on hot summer days. The carbonated water lightens the gelatin and adds a little sparkle to the root beer. Try cherry, vanilla or even lime soda water to add another layer of flavor to this creamy delight. Equipment: Ring Mold
Servings: 10 servings
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 servings Root Beer Float Keto Chow
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 cups unsweetened, carbonated water divided
- Place the cold water in a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface.
- Allow the gelatin to soften for a minute or two
- Place the pan over medium-low heat and heat while stirring until all the gelatin has dissolved and the mixture is hot but not boiling. About 190-200 degrees.
- Add the sweetener and stir until completely dissolved
- Set the gelatin mixture aside to cool slightly
- Whisk or blend the keto chow, heavy cream and one cup of the carbonated water together until there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the gelatin.
- Gently stir in the rest of the carbonated water being careful to keep as much carbonation in it as possible. Pour the mixture into your ring mold or an attractive serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, unmold onto a platter or serve in the bowl garnished with fresh whipped cream and berries if desired.
Taffiny Elrod March 2019