Congrats to the amazing DUO at OH HELLO BAKERY for being selected by our fans as the winner of the “Wild Card” category of our 2019 Holiday Recipe Challenge. They rocked the wild card flavor, PUMPKIN SPICE CARAMEL that we sent to see what they’d create with it!!
Creamy Sausage Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 lb regular pork sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped with seeds removed
- 2 poblano peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 8 oz can diced green chili peppers
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 serving Pumpkin Spice Caramel Keto Chow (or 1 scoop)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot. Add sausage and cook through, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain off extra fat.
- While the sausage is draining, add the onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, and poblano peppers to the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add sausage back into the pot with the vegetables. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt.
- Stir the tomatoes, pumpkin puree, and green chili peppers into the mixture.
- Using an immersion blender, mixer, or whisk, stir the Pumpkin Spice Caramel Keto Chow into the chicken broth. You'll want to do this to break up any clumps. Mix really well and then stir into the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and add the heavy whipping cream and cream cheese to the soup. Stir well until the cream cheese is melted and everything is heated through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography