Holiday Recipe Challenge: Keto Konduct's Glazed Orange Cream Pound Cake
This dense and moist pound cake is low carb and packs an orange punch. The Keto Chow mixed with cream cheese is the combo that will make this pound cake recipe your new favorite.
- 4 oz full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 cup confectioner's erythritol
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, blend on high the butter with the sugar substitute until the mixture is light and fluffy and well incorporated.
- Next, add the room temperature cream cheese, orange zest, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients: the Keto Chow, almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well until the batter is fully combined.
- In a well-greased 8-inch cake pan or 8-inch loaf pan, bake 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top. Cake will be done once an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- If using the optional glaze, add all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth, then pour on top of the cooled cake.
Leave the batter to sit in the bowl for 15 minutes, stir again, and then smooth into the pan and then cook. The middle should not sink as much.
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography