Every week we do a live broadcast where we answer questions, talk about fun stuff, and more! Starting in January 2020, we switched to a new platform where we can broadcast to YouTube and Facebook at the same time. It’s pretty cool, actually. You can find the stream on YouTube or Facebook
We talked about:
- Natural Strawberry is 20% off this week – it’s the one flavor sweetened with Monk Fruit.
- We have canceled our monthly meet up due to the COVID-19 precautions. Sadly we will not be having our Brazilian BBQ. But we will have it another time.
- Should you be carb cycling on Keto? Some people *might* need it but we think most do not. Here is a clip of our friend and fitness trainer Bronson Dant who says you need to have a purpose and plan if you are going to carb cycle.
- Holly and Steve from Keto Chow left today to pick up their daughter in North Dakota. Along the way, they’re doing small meetups. They have already stopped in Idaho Falls and Butte. Subsequent stops include Billings (Mar 18), Bismarck (Mar 18), Rapid City (Mar 20), and near Mt. Rushmore (Mar 20). More details in the Keto Chow Facebook Support Group and the Keto Chow Instagram account.
- What fats can you use? Can you use Cream Cheese? Any that you can order online?
- One thing that this Covid-19 virus has really got us thinking about is being prepared. Keto Chow has a 2-year shelf life, it is something you can have in your food storage for such an occasion. Fat is a little harder to keep on hand; avocado oil, coconut oil, lard, and tallow will keep for a long time – some work better for different flavors and some do not. Fat Works has different fats in cute jars for storage. You can keep butter in the freezer for a long time. Also, you can use a powdered cream; though it usually has more carbs, it is a good option to have in an emergency.
- We have a giveaway going on right now with Choc Zero and Nush. It runs through Thursday so make sure and go to our Facebook page or Instagram and enter.
- For Keto Salt Lake we are working with our venue and our speakers to find a new date for the conference. We will let you know our Keto Salt Lake plans on March 30th.
- Can you make a bunch of shakes on Sunday (or whichever day) and do meal prep?
- We are working on a new food pyramid for our Keto Chow shirts.
- Think positive, during this time of trial for our world, don’t let yourself get derailed, keep calm and keto on. You have a superpower that is helping you get your health in check. It can keep you healthy if you keep it up.
- Our kids have 41 classes, I think I may be busy helping them with their online homework tomorrow.