In case you were unaware, January 5 is “National Keto Day.” Sure it’s a bit contrived and all but whatever! In celebration of National Keto Day, here’s a coupon for 5% off any single order: KetoDay2019 (only works once per person and expires tomorrow night, January 6 – midnight central time I think). Go eat some bacon and avocados today… unless you’re doing like I am and only eating Keto Chow for the next 96 days =)
2018 was an interesting year for all of us at Keto Chow.
- January – I (Chris) quit my “Day Job” and went into doing Keto Chow full-time. It was nice only have 1 full-time job instead of 2. The best part about owning your own business is you get to work any 15 hours a day that you like – they don’t even have to all be in a row!
- January – I started my “42 Days of Keto Chow” experiment – the goal of which was to answer what different types of fats (mono/poly/saturated) do to my lipid system. Here are the results!
- February – We started the process of bringing Keto Chow v2.1 out. We still don’t have samples of the Chocolate Peanut Butter (which might be a good thing, we’re consistently selling the 21 meal bags of PB just about as fast as we can get them made!)
- March – We went to the Low Carb Breckenridge conference. Got to meet several “Keto Famous” people for the first time. Absolutely fantastic. Tickets for the 2019 conference in Denver are currently on sale. We also went to several other keto conferences.
- April – The Bairs took a family vacation to Moab and Arches National Park – everything we had for food was keto. Nobody died =).
- April – Over the course of 5 days, Miriam and Chris were on 3 different podcasts. There’s a full list of all the media appearances of Keto Chow here.
- May – We outgrew the space for pallets we had in our warehouse and tripled the number of racks we have (and we currently have all the new and old ones full!)
- June/July – We went to Ketocon. We also went to KetoFest and Low Carb San Diego.
- June/July – I did a bunch of hiking and camping while using Keto Chow, here are some tips I came up with.
- July – I (Chris again) started experimenting with a continuous glucose monitor. It’s interesting to see how stable my blood sugar is on a keto diet.
- September – Miriam and Chris started to do a weekly Facebook LIVE broadcast.
- October – We went to Low Carb Kansas City and Low Carb Houston.
- October – I launched LowCarbEvents.com to help me keep track of all the different events going on.
- October – Turns out other people use Keto Chow to conduct science too!
- October – I decided to publish a comparison of some of the different “keto meal replacement” options.
- November – Miriam and I did #NoSnackNovember, worked out GREAT!
- November – I published the results of another experiment, this one comparing the effects of keto (or not) on identical twins.
- December – I was interviewed for a story about keto smoothies in Women’s World magazine. My lengthy responses were edited down to 2 sentences =)
- December – We added a bunch of great recipes to our recipes section.
More stuff happened, this is what I easily found by looking through my blog posts! I’m suspecting that 2019 will be just as exciting.