Fruit No-Grain Bars
Substitute for Sugar Free Jam
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fruit
- 1 tbsp granular sweetner
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add butter, water, sweetener, vanilla, and oatmeal flavor and start cooking on medium heat. Stir intermittently until it boils.
- While that’s heating, in a separate bowl, add together the keto chow, almond flour, and baking powder and mix together well with a fork making sure there are no clumps.
- Once the butter sweet liquid mixture is boiling remove from heat and add in the dry mixture and stir together until well combined. It should form into a ball. Let cool for five minutes and then add the egg. Beat mixture until the egg is completely incorporated.
- Add batter to a piping bag with a wide, flat tip. Add jelly to a piping bag.
- Prepare 8x4 pan with parchment paper leaving flaps on two sides for easy removal. Pipe in half of batter in the bottom of the pan. Pipe in jam. Pipe in the rest of the batter on top. Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Once cooled, slice into 5.
SUBSTITUE FOR SUGAR FREE JAM
- Heat water, fruit and sweetener to boiling. Remove from heat and cook. Blend until smooth. You can strain seeds if desired. Add xanthan gum and blend again until thick.
Keto Chow used blackberries for the sugar free jam substitute. Instead of a bread pan, a silicone mini loaf pan was used, each slot lined with tin foil and then greased well. This will create a more cooked bottom. You can also line a bread pan with foil and grease that vs the parchment paper.
Fruit No-Grain Bars
Amount Per Serving (1 bar)
Calories 147 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.6g23%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.67g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.31g
Vitamin A 194.34IU4%
Sugar Alcohol 4.83g
Net Carbs 1.51g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.7g | Protein: 8.8g | Fat: 11.4g | Saturated Fat: 3.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.67g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.31g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 53.1mg | Sodium: 282.9mg | Potassium: 413.03mg | Fiber: 2.4g | Sugar: 0.8g | Vitamin A: 194.34IU | Calcium: 225.74mg | Iron: 0.94mg | Sugar Alcohol: 4.83g | Net Carbs: 1.51g