- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup confections erythritol
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Using an electric/stand mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks. Add in erythritol a little at a time while still whipping
- Spoon onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and make a little indent in the middle of each one. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool, they will harden as they cool. Use a metal knife or spatula under each one to remove from paper, be careful they are fragile.
- You can store these at room temperature with a towel over them until you are ready to add the custard.
- Keep the custard refrigerated until you are ready to eat cookies and pipe custard into each meringue cookie. Can also top with whipped cream if desired.