If you want next-level awesome, prepare some of the Keto Chow Savory Drop Biscuits by Amanda Balle and put your eggs on those!
Cheap & Easy “Simple Scrambles”
The meat and cheese mix - prep in bulk for later use.
- 1 pound Bacon ends and pieces
- 1 pound Ground Sausage
- 1 pound grated cheese
Used to actually make the cups
- 20-30 large Eggs
- 10 each snack size bags
- 10 12-16 oz paper cups for hot drinks
Pre-Prep of bags
- Cut up the bacon into smaller pieces
- Add the sausage (I'm tripling the recipe in these photos FYI)
- Cook it all together
- If you're a wimp (or rather if your kids can't handle the amount of fat), you can drain the meat.
- Let the meat cool, best to use the refrigerator so it doesn't get gross. Put about 1/2 cup of the meat mix into snack size bags
- Add about 1/4 cup of grated cheese to each bag
- Seal them, you can get out most of the air so they store smaller.
- Admire your work. You can put the smaller bags into a larger bag and store it in the fridge or even the freezer.
To use the bags to make breakfast
- Get the eggs, a large paper cup for hot liquids, a fork, and the meat mix.
- Crack 1-3 eggs into the cup. We typically use two eggs.
- See, eggs!
- Add the meat and cheese mixture.
- Stir it with a fork. Microwave (without the fork) for about 1 minute on high.
- Stir it again; you can use the same fork, don't be a sissy. Microwave again for 30-60 seconds.
- Check and see if it's done. If it's not: nuke it some more!
- If you're feeling awesome, make some of the Keto Chow Savory Biscuits and eat your breakfast in style!
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography
Photos by Photography by Lindsay