Keto Chow Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cream filled Sandwich Cookies
If you love chocolate and mint try the Chocolate Mint Meltaway filling instead of the vanilla cream for a really delicious treat.
Servings: 4 large cookie sandwiches
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup confectioner’s style sweetener (I used erythritol)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Place the oil, egg and sweetener in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add the keto chow, cocoa powder, baking powder, and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- The dough will should be soft and glossy when its fully mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out eight evenly sized cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes until the cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges but they are still slightly soft to the touch.
- When they are done baking allow then to cool completely.
- While the are cooling make the cream filling
Filling and final prep.
- Beat the butter with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Beat the sweetener in a little at a time, on low speed. Add the vanilla extract and beat until everything is fully mixed and the cream begins to look stiff.
- Spread a quarter of the filling on one cookie and top with another cookie. Continue until you have four cookie sandwiches.
- Store the sandwiches in an air tight container in the refrigerator or individually wrapped in plastic.
Taffiny Elrod February 2019PIN FOR LATER