Spumoni is such a classic frozen, summer treat, a combination of chocolate, pistachio, and cherry ice-creams studded with candied fruit and nuts. This version uses Keto Chow’s Raspberry Cheesecake flavor for the sweet berry layer instead of cherry. The unmolded bombe looks very impressive, with its festive layers of color, but you can layer the mixture in individual serving bowls, or popsicle molds for a more casual presentation. You can also layer it in a loaf pan for easier slicing and storage.
Servings: 16 servings
- 3 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk divided
- 1/4 cup allulose
- 1 serving Chocolate Keto Chow (or 1 scoop)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 serving Raspberry Cheesecake Keto Chow (or 1 scoop)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 serving Pistachio Keto Chow (or 1 scoop)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Line a 2 1/2-quart to 3-quart freezer safe bowl with plastic wrap. A clear bowl is ideal as it will allow you to see the layers as you build the bombe. Overlap as many pieces of plastic wrap as you need to make sure the entire inside of the bowl is covered, leaving a couple inches overhang outside the bowl, this will help you remove the bombe when it’s frozen. Make sure the plastic wrap is pressed into the bowl completely. Any air pockets will mar the shape of your bombe.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip two cups of the heavy cream with the powdered allulose until stiff peaks form. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the Chocolate Keto Chow, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1/3 cup heavy cream, and the cocoa powder until well mixed. Fold in one third of the prepared, whipped cream, then fold in the almonds.
- Spread the chocolate mixture in the bottom of the bowl, keeping the edges as neat as possible. Place the bowl in the freezer while you make the next layer.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the Raspberry Cheesecake Keto Chow, 1/3 cup almond milk, and 1/3 cup heavy cream, then fold in one third of the prepared whipped cream and then the raspberries.
- Spread the raspberry layer evenly over the chocolate layer, making a clear line around the edges of the bowl and return it to the freezer while you work on the final layer.
- In a medium bowl, blend the Pistachio Keto Chow, the remaining 1/3 almond milk, and 1/3 heavy cream. Fold in the remaining third of the whipped cream, and then fold in the pistachios.
- Spread the pistachio layer over the raspberry layer as evenly as possible.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and return to the freezer. Freeze overnight.
- To unmold the bombe, fill a larger bowl with hot water and carefully dip the frozen bowl in for a few seconds at a time, until you can pull the plastic wrap loose from the inside of the bowl. Gently lift the bombe by the overhanging pieces of plastic wrap, to make sure it is free, then place a plate over the bowl and invert the whole thing so the bombe releases onto the plate. Carefully pull off the plastic wrap.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for five to ten minutes before slicing into servings.
- Store any remaining servings in the freezer, in an airtight container for up to a month.
You can use a silicone cake deep cake pan instead of a plastic wrapped bowl, and remove the bombe by turning the silicone pan upside down and pulling up the sides. No need to place in hot water for removal this way. Do not let each layer freeze solid before adding the next layer or the layers will separate when slicing for serving.
Amount Per Serving (80 grams)
Calories 203.24 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 10.53g66%
Trans Fat 0.55g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.25g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.24g
Vitamin A 836.06IU17%
Vitamin C 23.88mg29%
Sugar Alcohol 3.55g
Net Carbs 2.28g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 80grams | Calories: 203.24kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.82g | Protein: 7.17g | Fat: 18.36g | Saturated Fat: 10.53g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.25g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.24g | Trans Fat: 0.55g | Cholesterol: 52.68mg | Sodium: 183.01mg | Potassium: 399.7mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5.27g | Vitamin A: 836.06IU | Vitamin C: 23.88mg | Calcium: 205.58mg | Iron: 0.76mg | Sugar Alcohol: 3.55g | Net Carbs: 2.28g