Spicy Taco Tamale Pie
This delicious and comforting classic gets a keto makeover without sacrificing any of the flavor that makes it an American favorite. The “cornbread” topping is light, and savory and the beef filling is rich and delicious.
Servings: 8 servings
- Heat the olive oil in a 10" cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook stirring ocassionaly utnil they begin to brown.
- When the vegetables are starting to brown, add the ground beef stirring and break it up with a spoon or spatula.
- Add the chili powder, salt, and black pepper, lower the heat and continue cooking stirring occasionally until the beef is cooked through about 10-15 minutes.
- When the beef is cooked, stir in the Keto Chow and green olives.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, chicken soup keto chow, coconut flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the melted butter, eggs, almond milk, cider vinegar, and corn extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients and gently fold it all together with a wooden spoon or spatula. Then fold in the cheese.
- Remove the Skillet from the heat and while the filling is still hot, carefully spread the ‘cornbread’ topping over the beef filling, spreading it to the edges of the pan.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the top is baked golden brown, and springs back when gently touched; and the filling is bubbling.
This would also be wonderful if you replaced the hamburger with shredded chicken, pork, or beef. With hamburger, it has a more taco taste/feel.
Spicy Taco Tamale Pie
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 380.7 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9.4g59%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.76g
Monounsaturated Fat 11.9g
Vitamin A 902.37IU18%
Vitamin C 40.47mg49%
Sugar Alcohol 0.08g
Net Carbs 4.51g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 380.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 26.8g | Saturated Fat: 9.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.76g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11.9g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 73.8mg | Sodium: 917.5mg | Potassium: 831.44mg | Fiber: 7.1g | Sugar: 2.7g | Vitamin A: 902.37IU | Vitamin C: 40.47mg | Calcium: 296.93mg | Iron: 3.76mg | Sugar Alcohol: 0.08g | Net Carbs: 4.51g
Photography by Sarah DeYoung