A citrus spiced carrot cake that’s perfect for spring and special occasions. One carrot divided among 12 cupcakes adds a lot of flavor and texture for a small number of additional carbs. Topped with creamy orange frosting, they are just as festive as they are delicious.
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup Orange Cream Keto Chow
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar style granulated sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1 small carrot (about 4 ounces) finely grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 recipe Creamy Orange Frosting optional
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease very well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Orange Cream Keto Chow, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sweetener, eggs, almond milk, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and orange extract. Whisk well until everything is fully combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients and stir them together with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Distribute any remaining batter as evenly as possible among the cups.
- Bake in the preheated 350F oven on a center rack until the cupcakes are golden, spring back slightly when gently touched and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Approximately thirty minutes.
- Place the muffin tin on a cooling rack and cool for about 15 minutes, then remove the cupcakes from the tin, place directly on the cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- When they are completely cool, frost them with Creamy Orange Frosting and decorate to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Store unfrosted cupcakes in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
- These are also great without the frosting as muffins. Toast them and slather with butter for a special breakfast treat.
A 3 tbsp scoop worked perfectly for the amount of batter in cupcake tin with no spill over.
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 249.8 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 2.8g18%
Polyunsaturated Fat 4.37g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Vitamin A 875.42IU18%
Vitamin C 49.14mg60%
Sugar Alcohol 18.92g
Net Carbs 2.96g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 249.8kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.3g | Protein: 15.2g | Fat: 17.9g | Saturated Fat: 2.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.37g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 51.5mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 842.49mg | Fiber: 6.5g | Sugar: 1.3g | Vitamin A: 875.42IU | Vitamin C: 49.14mg | Calcium: 401.57mg | Iron: 3.22mg | Sugar Alcohol: 18.92g | Net Carbs: 2.96g
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography