Upside Down Cake
Servings: 8 slices
- 100 gram thin sliced chayote (less than one)
Sticky Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown swerve
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large round 9inch baking dish or pan. If you will not be removing from the pan immediately, use parchment paper in the bottom of the pan grease parchment paper, and continue with the recipe.
- Thinly slice a chayote, making sure to take the core out, and lay in the bottom of the greased baking dish.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sweetener and cinnamon and heat until boiling, stirring intermittently. Boil for 1 minute and then pour over chayote.
- While the sauce is heating, cream the butter on medium speed with a mixer. Add sweetener and eggs and mix again. Add the keto chow and baking powder and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread over the top of the chayote and butter sauce. The batter is thick so you will need to place batter in globs around the pan then smooth together and spread to edge.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-28 minutes.
- Cool for five minutes. Being careful with hot dish, place a plate on top and then flip it to turn out cake.
- Top with your favorite sugar free ice cream or whipped cream.
- This cake is great hot or cold!
Upside Down Cake
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 197.3 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11.3g71%
Trans Fat 0.7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.88g
Monounsaturated Fat 5.66g
Vitamin A 646.5IU13%
Vitamin C 18.12mg22%
Sugar Alcohol 12g
Net Carbs 1.11g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 197.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 14.2g | Protein: 5.6g | Fat: 19.1g | Saturated Fat: 11.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.88g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.66g | Trans Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 108.8mg | Sodium: 313.4mg | Potassium: 234.87mg | Fiber: 1.1g | Sugar: 0.47g | Vitamin A: 646.5IU | Vitamin C: 18.12mg | Calcium: 209.76mg | Iron: 0.73mg | Sugar Alcohol: 12g | Net Carbs: 1.11g