Apple Pie Shake
Brown butter is delicious and easy to make. Store any extra brown butter in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s delicious in baked goods, sauces or with vegetables or fish.
- To make brown butter, melt your butter over low heat and cook it gently until it begins to brown and smell toasted. Be careful once it starts to toast and brown; it can burn quickly. (1-2 sticks can take as long as 20 minutes on low to brown.) It will be very hot. Set it aside to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- When your butter is ready, mix it with heavy cream, Keto Chow, apple pie spice, vanilla extract, apple extract, and water in a blender.
- Chill overnight.
- When you are ready to serve, put the prepared Keto Chow back in the blender with the cup of ice and blend.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of apple pie spice if desired.
If you already have brown butter, preparation time is 5 min with an overnight rest.(Photographed in a 1 pint glass.)
Apple Pie Shake
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 725.3 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 42.4g265%
Trans Fat 2.6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.63g
Monounsaturated Fat 17.11g
Vitamin A 2257.33IU45%
Vitamin C 0.66mg1%
Sugar Alcohol 0.01g
Net Carbs 2.81g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 725.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.3g | Protein: 27.9g | Fat: 67.1g | Saturated Fat: 42.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.63g | Monounsaturated Fat: 17.11g | Trans Fat: 2.6g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 1233.6mg | Potassium: 1660.88mg | Fiber: 6.5g | Sugar: 2.2g | Vitamin A: 2257.33IU | Vitamin C: 0.66mg | Calcium: 725.21mg | Iron: 1.91mg | Sugar Alcohol: 0.01g | Net Carbs: 2.81g
Photos by Sarah DeYoung Photography