Preparing the Savory Soup flavors of Keto Chow is really very similar to preparing regular Keto Chow. The one big difference is:
The Savory Soups are meant to be consumed hot/warm!
We still get a lot of “sounds interesting but I don’t think I could handle cold chicken flavor” – you’re not meant to =)
First off, you will need a suitable mixing container. We DO NOT RECOMMEND a BlenderBottle for mixing up Keto Chow hot, it will build pressure and can spray hot liquid. You can use a BlenderBottle if you wish to mix it up cold and then heat up after mixing. If you are going to mix it up hot, you can use one of the following methods:
- Use a HydroFlask! The “Coffee” lid we sell on the Hydroflasks handles the pressure just fine. It will also keep your hot Chow… hot for a REALLY long time.
- Use an immersion blender or a whisk and an open container. This can be a bowl, a pot/pan, really any open container that lets the steam and pressure out.
- As mentioned earlier, you can mix it up cold and heat it up after.
Preparation Instructions. In a suitable mixing container (again, this is probably NOT a BlenderBottle):
- Add fat source (salted butter/oil/bacon fat/heavy cream, etc…)
- Add 14oz water (414ml) – usually hot water for this flavor, not too hot: boiling hot water will curdle the protein and make it a little lumpy.
- Add 1 scoop/1 sample packet of powder.
- Mix until all the powder is wet.
- You can add salt and pepper, seasonings, even veggies and meat!
- Want it to stay hot longer? try putting it in, or mixing it in a HydroFlask! The consistency is better after sitting for 5 minutes but you can consume it immediately.
OK, so how much butter/oil/heavy cream should you use? You’ll use the same calorie calculator to determine that – the one difference is: If you want to use butter or bacon fat, it’s almost exactly twice the calories of heavy cream. So you use half the amount of butter as heavy cream shown in the calculator (or just check the box to calculate butter use). For highest accuracy, I recommend putting it into cron-o-meter and tracking it that way. 1/2 a stick of butter will give you a meal with 533 calories, enough for 1600 calories in a day.
And don’t be afraid to add to your Soups!
View this post on Instagram
Love love love KETO CHOW it makes Keto super easy on busy days… 😍. @ketochow . . . . . #keto #ketogenic #ketosis #ketofamily #lchf #weightlossjourney #glutenfree #grainfree #sugarfree #autoimmunedisease #bayarea #sanfrancisco #eastbay #instagood #transformation #sofakingketo #yum #ketones #ketodiet #lowcarbhighfat #weightloss #ketodiet #italian #fasting #imf #autophagy #instaketo #ketochow
We’ve tried and seen some really cool ideas for making the Savory Chicken Soup:
- We used Savory Chicken Soup along with heavy cream to make “Chicken and Dumplings” on a recent camping trip
- u/achmejedidad used it to make a basic soup
- u/JohnnyRockets911 posted about making full-on broccoli cheddar soup
- and then followed the soup up with savory bacon chicken muffins!
- u/itsmeduhdoi used a stick blender and some broccoli to make chicken broccoli soup
And that’s just what I found the first 30 seconds of searching our subreddit!