We recently did a family vacation down to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. When planning it, we decided to do all keto food for all 10 people going. It actually turned out really well and allowed a few of our children who hadn’t ever tried doing keto an opportunity to give it a try. Sadly they’ve gone back to eating carbs away from home but at least they recognized how crummy they felt eating candy the first time after the trip.
We rented a house (because frankly, it was cheaper than getting 3 rooms at a hotel, more comfortable, and overall better!). The kitchen was quite nice and there were enough beds for everyone that wanted their own bed could have one.
Our staples on the trip included:
- Heavy Whipping Cream – mostly for making Keto Chow but we also used it to cover keto pancakes.
- Costco rotisserie chicken breast – makes the chicken salad really easy, just add mayo and other seasonings.
- Keto Chow – perfect for drinking while driving!
- Far too many almonds.
- Low carb tortillas from Sams Club – they’re 5g of net carbs each so I didn’t eat them frequently but for little kids they’re perfect.
- Carb Control yogurt from Kroger – also 5g of net carbs, not the end of the world but you don’t want them all the time
- Eggs – with 10 people we went through almost 9 dozen Xlarge eggs.
- Cream cheese – for the tortillas and to make keto pancakes
- Sugar-Free syrup.
FYI: the recipe for the keto pancakes is silly easy – 8 ounces of cream cheese + 8 eggs in a blender. Blend. Cook. Done.
Drag around, it’s a 360 photo: